Have an Arizona or Kiwi that does not have a Pin and Flag Switch?
Every Arizona/Kiwi/*Sahara/*Badger Switch built has the capability to
work as not only a Regulator but also an ON/OFF solid state switch, (what some
many refer to as a "FailSafe" switch).
*If you need a Badger or Sahara Regulator that is retrofitted for switching
capability with a Pin Flag please give us a call, we currently do not offer
these options on the web site.
*The Badger Pin Flag Version is called the NR.
Mounting of the Pin Flag assembly is simple.
For Helicopter pilots the new board has 3 anchors for mounting. This
allows for zip tie or fastener mounting to Boom/Skid Brace/or any other open
spot you can find.
For Aircraft mounting it does take a little more thought, however the
final product is more secure. Pictured below is a Right Angle Mount,
this is how we recommend you mount the new pin flag for aircraft.
Instructions For Mounting Aircraft
- Find suitable area for mounting. (Requires enough backing wood
inside the aircraft for glueing)
- Drill 3/32 Hole in the side of the Fuse, from the outside. (Tip
- if your plane is already covered, sharpen a brass fuel tube and
mark your drill location by twisting it into your covering, this will
ensure the drill bit does not rip covering on start of drill.)
- Mount Pin Flag recepticle to Plywood, or if your a lite weight
freak, 1/4 balsa backed with 32 door skin plywood. (Piece of Wood needs
to be 1" X 1" ) You will want to run the recepticle pin entry point right up
to the edge of the Plywood / or balsa mounting plate.
- Run the Pin through the 3/32 hole you drilled in the Fuse.
- Hold the Pin from the outside of the plane... / From the inside of
the plane now insert the pin into the recepticle...
- CAREFULLY!!! CARFULLY glue the whole thing to the inside of the
Fuse. You need to ensure you do not slop glue or CA into the
recepticle. If you do, you will have an intermittent